Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hunger Games Trilogy

I finally got around to reading the Hunger Games. I had seen it in the stores for months before the movie was ever talked about. I bought "Hunger Games" several months ago but had never got around to reading it.
They are good books, however, it took me forever to get through with Book Three, Mockingjay; 4 days to be exact.
Book one introduces us to the Hunger Games and don't stop reading. The first part is a bit boring and takes a bit of reading to get into the book. By the time the announcement of the Hunger Games you are hooked. And for those of you that have not seen the movie don't stop at Book One, read the other before watching the movie. I have not seen the movie but asked someone that had seen it where the movie ended.
Book Two (Catching Fire) starts pretty much where One left off. No time at all has really passed and we catch up with the winners. But don't think it is over. It will pull you back into this book where you can't put it down until you are finished.
Book Three (Mockingjay); Okay I get it, you have to finish the story, but with all the trivia crap in this last one it is hard to keep track of what is going on. Who is the players and where it is all going. But I have to admit, you won't see the ending coming. And I am not talking about who she ends up with. There is a bit of a twist which makes the last 25 pages of the book the most interesting.
 But I have to remember these books are for the teenage set, but enjoyable for adults too.

Read the book then watch the movie. I will review the movie after I watch it. Hope it is as good as Book One Hunger Games.

***Hunger Games - The movie. Just a note here. If you have read the book, don't waste your time watching the movie. If you are anything like me you will keep saying, "They left too much of the movie out." There was more non talking parts in the movie that could have been filled with information about the Hunger Games which is the whole reason for the books and why there is an uprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment